Long gone are the days when entertainment referred to watching the regular serials on a TV and listening to the radio. As technology progressed, the entertainment industry picked up at a rapid pace. Initially, there were radios; then cable boxes succeeded them. Nowadays you can use the internet on your TV screen.
Many devices let you access the internet on TV, like Smart TVs, Android boxes, etc. However, Android TV boxes are the most popular because of their easy setup and cost-effectiveness. Since the technology is insanely popular, everyone wants to know how they work and how one can install it.
How To Get an Android TV Box Up and Running?
Buying an Android TV box is no doubt an effort-requiring job. However, setting it up rightly completes the process.
Android TV boxes come with HDMI cables which help connect them to TVs. If you don’t know what accessories Android TV boxes feature, you can go to website and see.
- Begin by plugging in the HDMI cable in the Android box and fit the other side into the HDMI port of your TV.
- Connect the unit’s power adapter and plug it into an electric outlet. Also, plug in the power switch of your TV and let the devices start.
- Now, you need to select the active HDMI port (the one you plugged the cable in). The list on the TV screen will display all the available ports, but you need to select the current one. Usually, models have indications like HDMI1 and HDMI2.
- When setting up for the first time, the Android TV box will prompt a list of available networks. Please choose the one you prefer, enter the password, and wait for it to connect.
- Once the Android TV box connects to the Wi-Fi, you can browse through the applications and other available menus on the screen.
- If you want, you can also use the Ethernet port to plug in the network cable directly.
Google Play Store is present at the start, so you can easily download all the required applications quickly. The overall interface of an Android TV box is similar to your Android phone. The only difference is the wideness of the viewing field!
How Does Application Downloading Applications Work on Android TV Box?
After everything gets good and running, the next thing is how you can download the applications. The easiest and quick way is to use Google Play Store.
However, similar to Android phones, you need a Gmail account sign-in to use Google Play Store. Input your email and password and confirm the sign-in from your phone. Now you are all set to download whatever you want.
There are other ways to download applications, like APKs, and external sources, like websites. For instance, Kodi Media Player is a popular Android application. You can download it from Play Store or its official website using an internet browser.
Wrapping Things Up
Android TV boxes are a great alternative to cable boxes. They can instantly turn your regular TV into a bumper media center. Although these boxes may seem pocket-draining, they prove excellently cost-effective in the long run.
These boxes are not just streaming devices, but they provide other benefits as well. Like they are compatible with Chromecast and support Google Assistant. Furthermore, you can also check out your new order, watch YouTube videos, play music, live stream, and do all other Androidly possible things!